online friend, so I decided to jump on the "about me" band wagon and reveal a few things about myself in honor of the new year. Ready? Here goes:
1. When I was born I was named Susan and that's the name I prefer. I went by "Susie" for a few years, 'way back when I was too shy to correct a co-worker when she called me that, and it stuck. Happily, I eventually changed jobs - and names. If you slip up and call me Susie it's okay, but as Johnny Cash might say, please don't ever call me Sue.
2. My hair is dark brown, now with natural silver highlights that I like very much. For a while, in my early 20's, I colored it red. Glad I didn't stick with that; the natural silver highlights suit me much better, though I do have days when I'd really like to try burgundy just for fun.
3. My husband and I have been married over 33 years now. Knowing that's more than half my life is somehow very comforting. I'd like to keep it that way, thus the reason I haven't tried the burgundy hair color.
4. We've lived at our current address for over 23 years, though in this house for about 2 1/2 years. A few summers ago, the original house burned to the ground. I wouldn't wish a similar experience on my worst enemy, but it was truly a blessing in disguise. We have a wonderful new home now and are thankful for it every day.
5. I'm a cancer survivor, 5 years and 4 days out from treatment. I wouldn't wish cancer on my worst enemy, either.
6. We have two sons, both military veterans, both in law enforcement, both of which I am so very proud. If I loved them any more than I do right this minute, my heart would surely burst.
7. We have a dog, Daisy, a rather spoiled yellow Labrador retriever. She's even smarter than she is spoiled, though. As
8. I'm politically conservative but don't take anything any politician or pundit says at face value. I used to write more about politics, but these days I try to keep my blood pressure under control, which rules that out. Mostly.
9. I believe that people my age have earned the right to speak their minds, so expect an occasional sassy post here from time to time. No apologies.
10. I'm a Christian, child of the King, with a mansion reserved in Heaven, just over the hilltop. I pray I'll see you there someday.
I'll stop with 10 about me. How about you. Care to accept the challenge? What fun fact would you like to share?
Photo from jacilluch (CC BY-SA 2.0)